Discover Portugal’s vineyards and enjoy the best wine tasting in Lisbon and discover an Organic Aromatic Herbs Farm.
Enjoy a Lisbon wine tour and try the Vinho Regional of Estremadura
Torres Vedras – Bombarral – Ericeira – Lourinhã (20 minutes from Lisbon)
What is included:
- Lisbon pick-up at 08:30 a.m. (your accommodation)
- Visits to two wine family-estates and a winegrowers’ cooperative (Torres Vedras, Bombarral, and Lourinhã areas)
- Two premium tastings included with different wines and grape-varieties
- One quality wine (COD) brandy tasting
- Lunch a-la-carte at a local restaurant
- Happy-hour in Ericeira for local sweets, petiscos, and a walk through the Old Fishing Village
- Centre and coastal scenery view
- Return to Lisbon and drop-off at 08:00 p.m. (your accommodation)
West and north of the city of Lisbon, the Lisboa wine region was until recently known as Estremadura. A lot of wine is made here, much of it in cooperatives, in a very wide variety of styles and qualities.
Fresh sea breezes keep the windmills turning in this charming, hilly coastal region to the west and north of Lisbon. They also keep the vineyards cool, especially on the seaward side. The Vinho Regional Lisboa area (which was known as Vinho Regional Estremadura until the 2008 vintage) has more DOCs than any other Vinho Regional area of Portugal: a total of nine, of which one is for aguardente (brandy) rather than wine.
Many excellent wines are also sold as Vinho Regional Lisboa. There are a growing number of private wine estates, but a great many small-scale producers deliver their grapes to large cooperatives. The region makes a lot of inexpensive quaffing wine, known as vinho da mesa.
After booking, we will send all the details of the reservation.
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message at [email protected] and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.