Corn Farm Experience
Visit a farm that uses precision agriculture, in the production of about 520 hectares of corn.
Duration: 4-5 hours Number of persons: 4 to 100 people
Our experience will include:
- Arrival to the farm and welcome by the producer
- Presentation of the history of the farm
- Appetizer with the producer in the farm
- Visit to the facilities (warehouse of machines, drying, etc..)
- Demonstration of the technology (tractores without drivers, drones, etc..)
- Visit to a cornfield
- Visit to the field of aromatic herbs
- Visit to the farm store
- Lunch in the farm
Transportation from Lisbon :
- 1 un = 1 transportation - 2 - 4 persons
- 2 un = 1 transportation - 5 - 8 persons
- 3 un = 2 transportation - 9 - 16 persons
- 4 un = 3 transportation - 17 -20 persons
Our producer is located in the heart of Ribatejo, where it exploits more than 500 ha (hectares) to produce mostly maize. It´s a family business where management is already in the 3rd generation. This farm is a great user of the latest technologies for agriculture.
Our producer have a big concern about the reduction of environmental impact, with several projets linked to the increase of local biodiversity. Recently, it became self-sufficient in energy with the focus on the production of photovoltaic energy. A low-cost biodiversity management model is therefore used, witch can be done with internal resources and able to be expanded and replicated in other maize intense farms in the Tagus Valley.
Corn is a well-known cereal who grown in much parts of the world. Con is extensively used as human food or for animal feed, due to its nutritional qualities. It is one of the most nutritious foods that exist, containing almost all known aminoacids, with exceptions: lysine and tryptophan.
Reservations / information: firstname.lastname@example.orgRead more