Olive Oil Experience Pick & Taste
The Olive Oil Experience is a culinary activity where olive oil plays the starring role. It consists of a visit to the olive groves and the olive mill, and to pick olives directly from the tree.
Visit a olive oil farm, learn how to make it, pick it up yourself, and in the end indulge yourself with a tasting. You will arrive at the farm and we will introduce you to the farmer. After the presentation, we will walk through the farm to see the olives trees and all the equipment and special techniques for harvesting. This is a true experience, so you will pick olives direclty from the tree. After we will be in a olive mill, and you will see all the process of transformation. We will lunch in the farm, and you will taste a some recipes with olive oil of the farm. You will end this day with a wealth of knowledge about production techniques, history, and the freshness, intensity, and variety that high-quality olives can offer.
Duration: 4-5 hours Number of persons: 2 to 20 people
Our experience will include:
- Arrival to the farm and welcome by the producer
- Guided tour of the farm
- Practical olive oil workshop
- Harvesting experience
- Visit Olive Mill
Lunch with the producer
Transportation from Lisbon :
- 1 un = 1 transportation - 2 - 4 persons
- 2 un = 1 transportation - 5 - 8 persons
- 3 un = 2 transportation - 9 - 16 persons
- 4 un = 3 transportation - 17 -20 persons
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message: email@example.com and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day experience.
About Olive Oil
Portuguese olive oil is an indispensable ingredient of our gastronomy contributing for its incomparable taste It is also good for your health. Portuguese famed gastronomy wouldn´t be the same without one of its main ingredients – olive oil. In fact, olive oil is a must in almost every Portuguese dish, either sweet or savory. Olive oil may be used to season, as an ingredient, hot to boil ingredients or cold to preserve olives, cheeses, vegetables or sausages.
However, to have such a delicious gastronomy as the Portuguese we can’t use just any olive oil: we need Portuguese olive oil, which quality has been conquering the international markets thanks to its magnificent quality, assuming its origin and becoming one of our best trademarks. In fact, Portuguese olive oil is even being bought for several distributors to improve the quality of foreign olive oils and to be sold as Italian.
Olive oil benefits
Besides improving every dish’s flavor, olive oil is highly appreciated for its nutritional value. In fact, olive oil is considered the healthier of the cooking greases, presenting the following benefits:
- Circulatory system: olive oil prevents arteriosclerosis by contributing to dissolve the grease existing in blood and thus diminishing the risk of a heart attack;
- Digestive system: improves the functioning of the stomach and the pancreas as well as the intestinal tract, helping the digestion;
- Skin: it helps to protect and tone the skin;
- Endocrine system: olive oil helps to improve metabolism;
- Bones: it stimulates bones growing and also improves the calcium absorption;
- As it is a magnificent antioxidant, olive oil helps to prevent cancer.