Sweet Grapes Farm Experience
You will arrive to the farm and we will present you the farmer. After the presentation, we will ride with a tractor through the farm to see all the vineyards, and see all the equipment and special techniques for harvesting. This is a true experience, so you will pick your own grapes. The farmer will teach you how to taste, explain what makes good the sweet grapes and what makes the bad stuff too. During the degustation in the farm, you will taste the seedless grapes of the farm. After we go lunch in a local restaurant. This is a full day experience, so after the lunch we go visit a local wine and olive oil producer with evidence, and to the end we can go to a cultural visit to Ferreira do Alentejo .
You will leave this day with a wealth of knowledge about production techniques, history, and the freshness, intensity and variety that quality grapes can offer.
Duration: 8 hours Number of persons: 2 to 50 people
Our experience will include:
- Arrival to the Homestead and welcome by the producer
- Visit to the vineyards with a tractor ride through the Estate
- Picking grapes in a box
- Tasting seedless grapes
- Lunch at local restaurant *
- Visit local wine and olive oil producer with tasting
- Cultural visit to Ferreira do Alentejo (visit to the Municipal Museum of Ferreira do Alentejo and the typical winery)
* Lunch includes soup, select dish, regional sweet, waters, juices, local wine and coffee.
- Option to "Cante Alentejano" at lunch - 3 euros per person
- Option of Lunch in the vineyards - 30 euros per person
- Option of snack in typical winery, with Cante Alentejano" -10 euros per person
Transportation from Lisbon :
- 1 un = 1 transportation - 2 - 4 persons
- 2 un = 1 transportation - 5 - 8 persons
- 3 un = 2 transportation - 9 - 16 persons
- 4 un = 3 transportation - 17 -20 persons
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.
In the heart of the Alentejo, our producer has created a magical space where vines grow closely watched by the most experienced eyes and cared for by the most delicate hands. The grapes are distinguished by the unique flavor and texture. Crunchy and sweet are absolutely irresistible. The grapes are protected throughout the year, using the most advanced production techniques so that in the summer they grow beautiful and sweet, making the delights of those who taste them.
The natural conditions
The immensity of flat horizons allied to the geographical location offer the Alentejo Mediterranean and continental characteristics favorable to the production of grapes. Over 3000 annual hours of sunshine and warm weather, with temperatures above 35 ° C in the height of summer, are reflected in the maturation of grapes with an accumulation of sugars that makes them particularly sweet and with a strong and mature color.
Our producer is currently the largest national producer of table grapes with a production area of about 250 hectares and 13 grape varieties of high quality and recognized. The methods of production are based on the pergola system consisting of tall vineyards, covered by networks and plastics that promote a micro environment favorable to the development of the grape.
Our producer currently has in production 13 varieties of grapes of high and recognized quality, being 6 with grainha and 7 without grainha. Continually thinking about the future, we also contemplate a vast experimental field where some of the world's most renowned grape varieties are being tested and, when their viability is guaranteed, they become options to be considered for cultivation in extension and commercialization.
Reservations / information: email@example.comRead more