Enjoy a cheese making class and taste the best Portuguese cheese.
- Adult (15+ years)
- Child (11-14 years)
- Child (0-10 years)
Discover how Sustainable Chicken Farming works!
The mission of our farmer is based on two fundamental principles, the preservation of Portuguese autochthonous breeds and correct agricultural practices, through the practice of sustainable organic farming.
What is included:
- Arrival to the farm and welcome by the producer
- Guided tour and workshop: Poultry, sheep, goats, and pigs
- Guided tour and workshop: Vineyard, orchard, horticultural, and aromatic
- Guided tour and workshop: Autochthonous trees and chestnuts
- Guided tour and workshop: Mushroom greenhouse in a wooden trunk
- Mushroom tasting
What is not included:
- Lunch in typical restaurant (optional – Last step of your booking)
- Starters: Cornbread, spring onions with salt, mixed alheira, pâté, small trouts, etc.
- Veal roasted in wood oven, roasted goatling in wood oven, or cabidela rice
- Grilled trout
- Dessert: Summer french toast, regional sweets, and chocolate with pepper
- Transportation to the Farm
After booking we will send all the details of the reservation.
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message: [email protected] and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.
The mission of our producer is based on two fundamental principles, the preservation of Portuguese autochthonous breeds and correct agricultural practices, through the practice of sustainable organic farming. Associated with entities such as NATURALFA, AMIBA, AGROBIO, ANCSUB, and ANCABRA, our farm assures all good agricultural practices on a national level.
It is an essentially rural space from the mid-19th century and has an olive oil mill as well as a mill for grinding cereal. Since 2010 and up to the present, a number of changes have been made with a view to a significant improvement in their use, without neglecting the agricultural sector.
Characteristics of the Farm
Currently, the farm counts with 4 hectares for organic agriculture, since the year 2010. This area is divided into three slopes:
- Agriculture: vine / corn / horticulture / aromatic / mixed orchard / mushrooms
- Forest: autochthonous trees
- Animal: five poultry parks / one sheep and goats park / one pork park