Shiitake Mushroom and Port Wine Risotto
You probably will not need all the stock specified in the list of ingredients. Use only the necessary until the rice is al dente, which means cooked but not mushy.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 200 g arborio rice
- 200 ml of Tawny Port Wine
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of good quality olive oil (7% acidity or less) + a little to drizzle the rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- About 1lt of good quality vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Grated parmesan to taste
- Keep the vegetable stock on the stove at a minimum heat so it is always hot. Fry the chopped onion and celery in the hot oil until they are transparent.
- Add the rice and let it fry a little, stirring occasionally. Once the rice is coated with the olive oil, add Port wine and stir well until the rice absorbs it.
- Add the mushrooms and from here, add broth ladles, one at a time and only when the rice has absorbed the previous one and in the meantime stir. This process will take about 15 to 17 minutes, until the rice is al dente.
- Finally add the butter and stir well until it melts.
- Serve immediately, with grated parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nothing better than making this delicious recipe with freshly picked mushrooms. So visit our shiitake mushroom farm, learn how to make it, pick it up yourself, and in the end indulge yourself with a tasting.
Our exploration is characterized by being family-friendly, where the family “Lopes” based on human and ethical values, combines the experience of the elders with the irreverence of the younger. Its products are completely organic finding the entire production process certified by Naturalfa. Know more about it in here.