Join us for a yoga retreat in Portugal. Enjoy some time relaxing on a farm.
Discover the best farm stay in Portugal
What is included:
- Arrive at the farm
- Settle into rooms
- Guided tour of the farm and surrounding countryside
- Liquor making – demonstration and activity
- Dinner at the farm
- Movie reflecting traditional farm life in Portugal
- Tour of exhibit “Alvarinheira 1950s”
- Traditional bread making in the bread oven
- Picnic lunch in horta
- Jams/confections – demonstration and activity
- Walk through Oledo or walk through countryside to overlook (self-guided)
- Dinner at a traditional restaurant in Oledo
- Visit Monsanto/Idanha Velha (optional — additional cost of transportation, tickets, etc.)
- Demonstration of fruit grafting
Minimum party of two required to book
Our farm is a 120-year-old house and farm that once dominated many hundreds of surrounding hectares of the croplands surrounding it. Since then, the economics of agriculture have changed, and today the farm is a fraction of its former self, though we continue to harvest fruits and vegetables and provide pasture for dozens of cows and sheep.
Deep in the interior of Portugal, there is a farm that is attempting to bring new economic life to the area. Our farm is a micro-village of activity in the zone where value-added products are slowly replacing the traditional agricultural practices. During your visit, you can see how at the farm these new activities exist side-by-side with traditional ones. Moreover, we invite you to visit our display of old farming practices and rural economics. While in the town of Oledo, you also get a glimpse of the life and people of Beira Baixa, including the option to visit the important landmarks of the area: Monsanto and Idanha-a-Velha.