Enjoy an amazing agriculture farm experience in Serra da Estrela, Portugal. Stay at the farm Casa Cerro da Correia.
Enjoy a farm stay and yoga retreat in Portugal
What is included:
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Fresh, vegetarian, organic meals with home-grown produce
- Sustainable, fully off-grid living
- Wake-up tea with fresh herbs from the garden
- Exploring the permaculture off-grid land
- Beautiful outdoor (and indoor) hot, solar and wood powered showers
- Free time for relaxing, reading, sunbathing, hammock time and exploring the local area
- Massage and reiki sessions available on-site
- Daily workshops on a range of topics surrounding permaculture and sustainable living
- All in the hands of three experienced guides, Kimberly, Laurence (farmers), and Anya (yoga and meditation teacher)
We look forward to welcoming you to this beautiful place!
We met Anya several years ago when we took one of her retreats at H2O Yoga & Meditation on Gili Air island in Indonesia. Years later we approached Anya as we thought she would be perfect for Keela. She hosted our first Yoga retreat here in 2017. We are so happy that she is coming back to give you an opportunity to come and enjoy her teaching.
Anya has been teaching Yoga since 2009, mainly in Berlin where she is based, and also as a returning guest teacher in Bali and Thailand. Not only is she an amazing yoga teacher, her connection to the land, passion for the depth of Yoga and her involvement in all things going on the farm – from building with mud to cooking vegetarian food – makes her the perfect yoga teacher for our Farm.
Anya teaches the whole path of yoga, integrating the ancient and valuable roots of Vedanta philosophy with a modern-day awareness of the natural biomechanics of the body. Her classes guide students back to a sense of natural lightness, brightness and simplicity in the fullness of what is already here and now.
Your other hosts Laurence and Kimberly Manchee – farmers – along with a team of volunteers will be helping to give you a great week – entertaining and cooking for you and involving you in activities around the farm if you wish. You will experience community living in its most relaxed form.
Our Farm is based on an 18.8-hectare (46 acres) plot of land in Mata Da Rainha in central Portugal, far from any roads or noise, away from light pollution and surrounded by nature.
On our land, we have a magical place where people can practice yoga, relax, and eat healthy food in a community living environment. We grow our own food organically using permaculture principles, create our own energy, and plan to reforest as much of our land as part of our reforestation, carbon offsetting, and food forest project.
Enjoy a week of yoga, natural sustainable living, sunshine, sleep, mountain views, meditation, star gazing, hammocks, learning about permaculture, and enjoying organic food straight from the earth.
Direct, comfortable buses and trains travel regularly from both Lisbon and Porto (around €15) to Fundao. From there, we will help you arrange your travel by taxi to the farm (€25 per taxi, which can be shared by up to eight people).
We ask that all guests arrive on Sunday evening so that we can all start together as a group. We recommend spending the night before in Lisbon or Porto to reach us comfortably on Sunday.
- Your own tent or caravan (free)
- Rent one of our caravans: €100 – 200
- Share space in a wonderful teepee: €80 per person
- Prices include mattress and bedding.
- Bringing and using all natural washing products, including sunscreen
- Using an eco compost toilet
- Wild peeing
- Being around animals
Important: the additional activities have an extra cost and are subject to availability
- Horse riding (trail riders or beginner lessons)
- Soap making workshop (make your own soap and take it home)
- On-site massage and reiki sessions
- Nature walk with a local botanist
- Tour of local established community Mount of Oaks with lunch
- Trip to a local site such as Monsanto Mountain, Boom lake, or Serra Estrella Mountain
After booking, we will send all the details of the reservation, as well as the location of the farm and the contact info for the farmer.