Yoga Retreat with Permaculture Experience
Our Farm is based on an 18.8 hectare (46 acre) plot of land in Mata Da Rainha in central Portugal. Far from any roads or noise, away from light pollution and surrounded by nature.
On our land we have a magical place where people can practice yoga, relax and eat healthy food in a community living environment. We grow our own food organically using permaculture principles, create our own energy and plan to reforest as much of our land as part of our reforestation, carbon offsetting and food forest project.
Enjoy a week of yoga, natural sustainable living, sunshine, sleep, mountain views, meditation, star gazing, hammocks, learning about permaculture and enjoying organic food straight from the earth…
- Fundão (2.5 hours from Lisbon / Porto)
Dates in 2019:
- 11th June – 17th June
- 15th September – 21st September
- daily yoga and meditation
- fresh, vegetarian, organic meals with home-grown produce
- sustainable, fully off-grid living
- wake-up tea with fresh herbs from the garden
- exploring the permaculture off grid land
- beautiful outdoor (and indoor) hot, solar & wood powered showers
- free time for relaxing, reading, sunbathing, hammock time and exploring the local area.
- massage and reiki sessions available on-site
- daily workshops on a range of topics surrounding Permaculture and sustainable living
- …all in the hands of three experienced guides, Kimberly, Laurence (farmers) and Anya (Yoga and meditation teacher).
Your Host and Yoga Teacher: Anya
We met Anya several years ago when we took one of her retreats at H2O Yoga & Meditation on Gili Air island in Indonesia. Years later we approached Anya as we thought she would be perfect for Keela. She hosted our first Yoga retreat here in 2017. We are so happy that she is coming back to give you an opportunity to come and enjoy her teaching.
Anya has been teaching Yoga since 2009, mainly in Berlin where she is based, and also as a returning guest teacher in Bali and Thailand. Not only is she an amazing yoga teacher, her connection to the land, passion for the depth of Yoga and her involvement in all things going on the farm – from building with mud to cooking vegetarian food – makes her the perfect yoga teacher for our Farm.
Anya teaches the whole path of yoga, integrating the ancient and valuable roots of Vedanta philosophy with a modern-day awareness of the natural biomechanics of the body. Her classes guide students back to a sense of natural lightness, brightness and simplicity in the fullness of what is already here and now.
Your other hosts Laurence and Kimberly Manchee – farmers – along with a team of volunteers will be helping to give you a great week – entertaining and cooking for you and involving you in activities around the farm if you wish. You will experience community living in its most relaxed form.
Direct, comfortable buses and trains travel regularly from both Lisbon and Porto (around €15) to Fundao. From there, we will help you arrange your travel by taxi to the farm (€25 per taxi, which can be shared by up to 8 people).
We ask that all guests arrive on Sunday evening so that we can all start together as a group. We recommend spending the night before in Lisbon or Porto to reach us comfortably on Sunday.
- Regular base price €450 + accommodation costs
- Price includes food, daily yoga and meditation and permaculture workshops
- Your own tent or caravan (free)
- Rent one of our caravans: EUR 100-200 EUR
- Share a space in a wonderful teepee: EUR 80 per person
Prices include mattress and bedding.
Guests need to be comfortable with:
- bringing and using all natural washing products including sunscreen
- using an eco compost toilet
- wild peeing
- being around animals
Optional additional activities during the week (at extra cost and subject to availability):
- Horse Riding (Trail riders or beginner lessons)
- Soap Making Workshop (make your own soap and take it home)
- On-site massage and reiki sessions
- Nature walk with a local botanist
- Tour of local established community Mount of Oaks with lunch
- Trip to a local site such as Monsanto mountain, Boom lake or Serra Estrella mountain
We look forward to welcoming you to this beautiful place!
NOTE: After booking we will send all the details of the reservation, as well as the location of meeting point and the contact of our farm.