Embark on the best olive oil tour in Portugal, an amazing experience that lets you pick your own olives and learn how they are turned into olive oil. Samples included.
Cork Jeep Tour
Starting at €79 | 2 Hours | Parties of 2 to 16 | Redondo
- Adult (13+ years)
- Child (6-12 years)
- Child (0-5 years)
Enjoy an amazing off-road Alentejo adventure in the cork forest
Our farm is located on the foothills of the Serra D’Ossa, in the Alentejo region of Portugal. Owned by an Anglo-Portuguese family for over 5 generations, the 540-hectare farm was originally dedicated to cork forestry and livestock, activities administrated from its farmhouse built in the traditional style, overlooking the surrounding countryside.
Join us on a 4×4 drive through the dirt tracks of our farm or around Serra D’Ossa. Discover our bond with this generous land in Alentejo, from which we produce cork, wine, pork, honey. Step out of the vehicle to feel the textures, take in the view, learn by experience
What we do:
- Arrival to the farm and welcome;
- Hit the dirt roads – Get on our 4×4 vehicles to enjoy the weather on the convertible or choose your own temperature with the AC on;
- Learn from your guide – Take in academic and hands-on knowledge from friendly tour leaders who are proud to call Alentejo Home;
- Venture into the cork – Penetrate even deeper into the cork forest to understand how it grows, thrives and is cherished in Alentejo;
- Feel closer to nature – Sense the cork ecosystem and step out of the 4×4 to drink our pure water, smell our flowers and touch the trees;
- Unveil vineyard secrets – Find out the lands where international award-winning wines come from and our distinct grape varieties;
- Enjoy the view – Go up the hill for a 360º amazing view over the farm boundaries and the beautiful Serra D’Ossa landscape.
What is not included:
- Transportation to the farm
- Lunch in a typical restaurante – (optional – last step of your booking)
After booking we will send all the details of the reservation.
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message: [email protected] and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.
Portugal is famous for its cork production (accounting for nearly 50% of annual supply) and it can be seen atop wine bottles and in souvenir form all over Lisbon – but how is it made? We transport you to the heart of its production, at a farm in Redondo that applies ecological concepts alongside the medieval montado ecosystem, resulting in an innovative approach to the protection and harvest of their cork oak trees. Set in the beautiful Alentejo region, you will be immersed in the Mediterranean traits.
- The tour will always depend on the weather conditions;
- Use comfortable hiking shoes.