Embark on the best olive oil tour in Portugal, an amazing experience that lets you pick your own olives and learn how they are turned into olive oil. Samples included.
Cork trekking Experience Pack
Starting at €135 | 4 Hours | Parties of 2 to 16 | Redondo
- Adult (13+ years)
- Child (6-12 years)
- Child (0-5 years)
Enjoy an amazing cork farm tour, visit a winery and taste the best food of Alentejo!
Our farm is located on the foothills of the Serra D’Ossa, in the Alentejo region of Portugal. Owned by an Anglo-Portuguese family for over 5 generations, the 540-hectare farm was originally dedicated to cork forestry and livestock, activities administrated from its farmhouse built in the traditional style, overlooking the surrounding countryside.
Discover the cork oak forest hiking through our quiet fields. Embrace your senses’ experiences. Learn all about what cork is today and its heritage. Lunch at a typical Alentejo cuisine restaurant and have a great wine tasting experience and visit a winery.
What we do:
- Arrival to the farm and welcome;
- Put on your hiking shoes – set off for a peaceful hike among friends and seize what nature provides along the trails: warm sun or cork tree shade;
- Learn from your guide – follow inspiring tour leaders whose footsteps have been marking the Alentejo ground since they were children;
- Caress the cork – know the cork forest intimately by taking it in with your every awaken sense like you have never imagined;
- Treasure all of the pauses – collect each moment with the fauna, flora, water springs and overall scenery as a cherished memory to share;
- Challenge yourself – Hike up the hill for a 360º rewarding view over the farm boundaries, the beautiful Serra D’Ossa and your next trail;
- Meet our vineyards – Reach the farmlands where our precious grapes mature before becoming internationally prized wines;
- Visit a winery – Have a wine tasting and an iberian black pork and cheese tasting;
- Lunch – typical Alentejo cuisine restaurant
What is not included:
- Transportation to the farm
After booking we will send all the details of the reservation.
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message: [email protected] and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.
Portugal is famous for its cork production (accounting for nearly 50% of annual supply) and it can be seen atop wine bottles and in souvenir form all over Lisbon – but how is it made? We transport you to the heart of its production, at a farm in Redondo that applies ecological concepts alongside the medieval montado ecosystem, resulting in an innovative approach to the protection and harvest of their cork oak trees. Set in the beautiful Alentejo region, you will be immersed in the Mediterranean traits.
- The tour will always depend on the weather conditions;
- Use comfortable hiking shoes.