Explore the production of banana trees on a banana farm in Madeira and embark on an interesting tour that takes you closer to local farming.
Chestnut Farm Experience
Starting at €54 | 3 Hours | Parties of 2 to 40 | Jardim da Serra
- Adult Ages 18 & Older
- Child 11 - 17 years old
- Young Child Under 11 years old
Try in our chestnut woods a direct collection of the fruit par excellence, the chestnut!
At the end of the last century, the Neto family acquired a property known as Levadas, measuring around 1 ha. In 2004, this property began the conversion process to an Organic Farm. Since then, we have essentially dedicated ourselves to producing and selling the most delicious fruits that the Madeira highlands have to offer.
In a typical Madeira kitchen in ruins, the traditional Magusto is still made. Come and rebuild a forgotten tradition.
What is included:
- Arrival at the farm and welcome by the producer
- Guided tour of the farm
- Workshop on production, harvesting, chestnut selection in MPB (organic production method) and magusto in a typical Madeira kitchen in ruins
- Harvest like your own chestnuts
- Tasting of regional chestnut varieties with cider/water and homemade jam
What is not included:
- Transportation to the farm
After booking we will send all the details of the reservation.
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message: [email protected] and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.