Enjoy a Farm-To-Table Experience on an Organic Farm and learn how to prepare and cook the fresh products of the farm.
Workshop "Tips to a happy garden"
Starting at €114 | 4 Hours | Parties of 2 to 30 | Mafra
- Adults Ages 18 & Older
Guided visit to the organic farm + Workshop + Lunch
Start your visit with a guided tour throw the Farm, followed by a workshop. Before you leave stop at the Restaurant and enjoy a delicious lunch with the best our garden has.
Workshop: when to plant, how to plant, the plants cycles, how long does it take to grow, when to crop. Learn the essentials to start and maintain your own garden.
What is included:
- Arrival at the farm and welcome by the producer
- Guided tour of the farm
- Lunch at the farm
What is not included:
- Transportation to the farm
After booking, we will send all the details of the reservation, as well as the location of the farm and the contact of the producer.
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message at [email protected] and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.
Our farm is situated at West region, Mafra county, Azueira parish… just 30 minutes from Lisbon. A region known for excellent agriculture both in vegetables and Rocha pear. This farm is at the family since 1967, when revolutionize for the first time the region with a plantation of 30 ha of orchards of Rocha pear. In 2007 it started a new era, with the conversion of the first hectare to organic production. Two years after, in 2009, we had the first corps and, luckily, we have been growing in a sustainable way. It has been very intense and hard work years. We did so much in such a short time that’s seems that we have been here since ever.
One of the things we care about the most is that the menu is the reflection of the best of each season. If we respect the seasonality of each product, we will guarantee a richest taste, a best nutritional value and an unique experience… and because we only work with seasonal products the menu changes with the rhythm of each season. And that’s why the Menu is made week by week…
- Before everything, our bread, olive oil with fleur de sel and sauces
- To start… a delicious Soup with the taste of our garden,
- A Starter where the vegetables are the main characters…
- To main dishes… one vegetarian and other with meat. But in both vegetables has a special spot. The meat will be another element in the dish and not the element of the dish
- And because we couldn’t finish in a different way… the desert and coffee or tea.