Enjoy an amazing experience in a blueberry farm and enjoy blueberry picking on an agriculture farm close to Lisbon.
Organic Farm & Tasting Experience
Starting at €29 | 3 Hours | Parties of 2 to 40 | Mafra
- Adult Ages 10 & Older
- Child (0-9 years)
Enjoy an Organic Guided Tour and Tasting
An escorted walk through the garden, where you will find out the history, how everything started, what inspires them and where they see themselves in the future. We will discuss what it means to produce in organic mode, its challenges, limitations and seasonality. The visit ends with a tasting of our products: jams, sauces, juices, infusions…
What is included:
- Arrival at the farm and welcome
- Guided tour of the farm
- Walking tour and talk about what means to produce in organic mode, its challenges, the limitations and the seasonality
- Tasting of the products of the farm
What is not included:
- Transportation to the farm
- Lunch at the farm restaurant (optional-last step of your booking)
After booking we will send all the details of the reservation.
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message: [email protected] and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.
Our farm is situated at West region, Mafra county, Azueira parish… just 30 minutes from Lisbon. A region known for excellent agriculture both in vegetables and Rocha pear. The farm has been with the family since 1967, when they made for the first time in the region 30 ha of orchards of Rocha pear. In 2007 it started a new era, with the conversion of the first hectare to organic production. Two years after, in 2009, we had the first crops and, luckily, we have been growing in a sustainable way. It has been very intense and hard work years. We did so much in such a short time that seems like we have been here forever.
One of the things we care about the most is that the menu is the reflection of the best of each season. If we respect the seasonality of each product, we will guarantee the richest taste, the best nutritional value, and a unique experience… and because we only work with seasonal products the menu changes with the rhythm of each season. And that’s why the Menu is made week by week…
- Before everything, our bread, olive oil with fleur de sel and sauces;
- To start… a delicious Soup with the taste of our garden;
- A Starter where the vegetables are the main characters…
- Two main dishes… one vegetarian and other with meat. But in both vegetables has a special spot. The meat will be another element in the dish and not the main element of the dish;
- And because we couldn’t finish in a different way… the desert and coffee or tea.
KID’S MENU (UNTIL 10 YEARS OLD)
- Composed of a soup, a main course with meat, vegetables and a side dish and desert. To drink a mini fresh juice.