Enjoy a rum distillery tour in Porto da Cruz, Madeira Island. Taste sugarcane rum and learn the process behind distilling this bold spirit.
- Adult (18+ years)
- Child (04-17 years)
- Child (0-3 years)
Visit an Aromatic Herb Farm in Funchal (Madeira)
Our farm is a family owned farm for over 100 years. Recently it is being transformed into a new agricultural farm linked to aromatic and medicinal herbs, proteas, vegetables and fruit trees for the production of infusions, dehydrated fruit and cider. The 1.5 hectare farm is located in the “Monte” of Funchal municipality, one of the most visited areas by tourists in Madeira. Contrary to what is usual in aromatic herb plantations, the soil is not covered with a soil protection screen, but with a vegetal cover of flowers and endemic plants, which ensures a more pleasant visual effect and at the same time greater environmental preservation. In the exploration it will be possible to observe a wide variety of species of proteas, these exotic and still little-known flowers that have the particularity that although exotic they need fresh climates.
What is included:
- Arrival to the farm and welcome by the producer
- Guided tour of the farm to discover the different aromatic herbs
- Aromatic herb harvesting experience
- Aromatic herb drying experience
- Crushing and packaging experience (with the possibility of buying your own packaging with a “made by my hands” seal)
- Sowing experience or aromatic herb planting (offer of the plant you planted)
- Tasting of several biological infusions
What is not included:
- Transportation to the farm
After booking, we will send all the details of the reservation, as well as the location of the farm and the contact of the farmer.
If you wish to propose another day or time for the experience, send us a message at [email protected] and we will do our best to reschedule, or we can include one more experience for all day.
What customers are saying?
Jessica C . September 2020
We had a great time in this farm!